As an aside it would be an occasion to try to see whether we couldn't test some
kind of USB boot ramdisk thing.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ros-dev [mailto:ros-dev-boun...@reactos.org] De la part de Colin Finck
Envoyé : lundi 5 janvier 2015 15:10
À : ReactOS Development List
Objet : [ros-dev] Bulk ordering USB flash drives for exhibitions - call to
action

Hi all,

As more and more computers these days come without optical drives, we're
thinking about switching from ReactOS CD giveaways to USB flash drive giveaways
on exhibitions (like this month's FOSDEM). ReactOS would then come preinstalled
in a VM on these drives. When ReactOS' USB support gets better, we may even
think about making these drives bootable.

Now the prices for 1GB USB drives haven't quite reached the costs of blank CDs
yet. Also many countries put a high fee on USB drives, because you will for
sure always use them to pirate copyrighted work... For example, we're talking
about a fee of 1€/unit here in Germany. Germany is fair enough though to not
apply the fee if you're ordering from outside Germany. Maybe this also works
the other way round, i.e. we as ReactOS Deutschland e.V. order USB drives from
another European country and don't have to pay this fee.

Sooo, who of you knows a good supplier in your (European) country for bulk
ordering USB drives with the best per-unit price? Even better if your supplier
can print a custom logo on these drives.
Depending on the price, we're talking about 50-200 drives here.

Reply on the forum please:
https://reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13917

Thanks for your help in making a great ReactOS presentation at exhibitions!

- Colin