Looks like I have to chime in here.

We have been discussing this before and I wonder that Alex is not heavily opposing the idea of randomly adding new exports to our user mode DLLs. It is a well known fact that applications check for existance of exports to decide how to behave, so ... not going to go over this again.

Please take your time to read the whole thread again so we can avoid wasting time, talking about the same things again.

Timo

Did you read it? Ok, then we can continue ;-)

Some remaining questions:
1. Does our SxS / ActiveCtx work properly, and does it work with registry/appcompat db? Otherwise what do we need to make it work? Aleksey? 2. How do we organize the DLLs? I would suggest to unite some core DLLs into "ros-kernelbase.dll" or something and gdi32/user32 into ros-win32.dll and export all functions from those, using forwarder DLLs through SxS. At the same time we should reorganize the code, organizing it the way that MS API sets do it. And also move the stuff out of the "dlls" folder into "win32core" or something. 3. How do we handle ntdll? Can we use SxS for ntdll as well? Obviously we cannot load the original ntdll with it, but we can probably load versioned wrapper ntdlls and resolve imports to those.

Timo