On 2016-05-18 02.10, Riccardo Paolo Bestetti <riccardo.kyo...@live.it> wrote:
It's not like developers are gonna pick up again an old (and, honestly, bad!) architecture just because it is made free, when *here and now* we already have a better alternative.

Bad architecture ? Compared to Linux ? I refute that on the strongest.

F.ex: Linux lacks, even to this day, a unified graphics API like GDI (X-Windows notwithstanding), and window manager. Instead they have a plethora of disparate kludges and hacks on top of X-Windows, all more or less cumbersome to use. The API flora of the Windows architecture should, by rights, make Linux programmers green with envy ;-)
(Why do you think the WinE project was born in the first place?)

Best Regards
// Neo