Windows vs UNIX is like RISC vs CISC on cpus: each one has its flaws and
advantages. The unix api philosophy is to keep the functions as simple as
possible, and achieve the same tasks through serquences of configuration
calls, rather than big monolithic APIs that have the settings all specified
explicitly.

I'm not going to argue which one is best, as my personal preference falls
in between, if only slightly closer to the Windows way. The Windows API is
often overengineered, while the unix way feels overly simplistic.

In fact, the comparison between Windows and unix here is pointless: this
project is reimplementing Windows, not unix. Anyone who truly thinks
ReactOS won't be used becuase they already have Linux, probably wouldn't
care about the project and so wouldn't be writing to our mailing list. I
believe Riccardo referred to people developing apps for ReactOS/NT5, when
they can write them for NT6 instead.