I like these guys, and I like their strong approach (it's just like ReactOS, they never give up), however that thing about adding a comment to every file is really hilarious.

I would say that just opening it for opensource project without any strings attached would definitely bring them publicity because FOSS projects will share the news (fixed blah-blah thanks for PVS Studio), but that brings a question that they already analyzed some very popular FOSS projects, and they already shared their bit of publicity.

Besides that, I do wish all the best to PVS Studio, and from how it goes, the moment when they remove the code comments requirement is not that far :-)

Regards,
Aleksey Bragin