17.03.2017, 14:56, "Can Tasan" <beta...@hotmail.com>:
Dear Ricardo,

Firstly, Win16 application support doesn't interrupt our project. It strengthens us. On technical view, supporting them doesn't make any design change to NT architecture, apps won't be able to access hardware directly. Like any app, they'll obey the rules.

Secondly, there are a number of reasons to support Win16:

1) Many people and corporations still use DOS and Win16 apps today, thus their system can't be upgraded easily. Most of the cases, DOSBOX will do the job but what if any problem occurs, or integration with system is needed? With Win16 support out of the box, people will get much more technical support and security updates.

2) Many apps released in 90s have 16 bit setups, even they are actually 32-bit. In this case, compatibility and usability of ReactOS greatly decreases.

Most inportant part is support of 16-bit installers. Windows 7-10 could perform automatical coversion of 16-bit setup to 32-bit version

1. http://blog.ryankempt.com/2013/12/64-bit-windows-unsupported-16-bit.html
2. https://davidcmoisan.wordpress.com/2010/02/18/16-bit-installer-support-in-windows-64/

3) Sometimes emulation may be not enough for special cases.
4) There are many games from 16 bit age which is still played today. Supporting them makes a bonus.
In my opinion, this cases makes WoW16 support viable. Apologizes if I forget something and sending this twice, accidentally pressed the send button.
Best regards,
Can
,

Best regards,