On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Julie S<msjuli...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> My thought is that this could be done at the last stages of a branch or when
> the developer needs critical input.  So instead of the developer asking
> people to svn a whole branch and build it, people are asked to install the
> patch, check it out, then revert.

This is exactly how we do development in my company, new features are
always developed and tested in a private branch, and then merged into
the developer's local copy of trunk, everything is compiled and tested
again, and then a single commit is made to put everything in
subversion. How much more difficult would it be for a tester to do
'svn merge' versus applying a patch of diffs?

-- Brett
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
    If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
               -- Jelaleddin Rumi