On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
<pedro.lopez.cabanil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It may be a kernel bug, but it is triggered by Rosegarden only, and not by
> other ALSA sequencer programs using this timer.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

You have worked on the RG MIDI code and, of course, on drumstick -- do
you have any feel for what the significant difference might be?

> I don't use a RT kernel, just the stock one provided by openSUSE, and
> Rosegarden consistently triggers the lockup.

Yet if a non-RT thread in Rosegarden (and its MIDI thread is not
real-time) can lock the system hard, the fault must be with the kernel
-- no?  None the less, it would be great to try to avoid provoking it
if we can.

Chris