On 2/19/22 10:55 AM, mark_at_yahoo via Rosegarden-devel wrote:
Thanks again. Onward and upward from here. Hopefully not too many more stupid questions from me. I *will* write the feature request but want to experiment a bit more with stub implementations to clarify the details of what I'll be proposing.

I've submitted a Feature Request ticket:

    https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/feature-requests/500/
    #500 Matrix Editor grid highlight modes

Note that because I'm volunteering to do the implementation I tried to make myself the owner, but SourceForge wouldn't allow it. I guess only maintainers can be owners. I also wasn't sure if numerically higher or lower priority numbers are directly or inversely proportional to importance/priority, so I left that at the default 5. Hope I didn't do anything completely out of line on this, my first ticket.

Rosegarden feature request number 500! That's gotta be a good omen, right? ;)