On 4/7/22 5:51 AM, Ted Felix wrote:
  I'm hoping that at some point you'll have some time to work the magic you've done for the editors on the main window (CompositionView).  It's super-slow after recording for an hour.  And I suspect some of the lessons you've learned in the editors can be applied there.

That (slowdown) sounds scary (to debug). Somewhere down the road let's look into it.

   It's called "software".  🤣

Yes <sigh>.  I've had experience with that phenomenon. ;)

  And that's fine.  Since you are working this way, you should probably drop the multiple branches and merge requests and just work in a "mark" branch.  I can follow along with that and bring it over into the official rosegarden repo to make it easier for everyone to test as well.  The bug/feature request numbers in the commit messages tell the whole story.  A single branch seems like it's more your style, so that should be more productive for you.  It's up to you.  I can handle whatever is thrown at me git-wise.

Sounds good. I'll get my latest code to a stable point and move in the direction you suggest. I just want to make sure you'll be able to pull out a rational series of incremental commits if and when they're merged into master. (Thinking about bisection in the future.)

Having a branch in the main repo would be great for getting some pre-merge testing. I'll name it "thanks4opensrc" to protect my superhero secret identity. ;)