For what it's worth, I've been using a Komplete Audio KA6 for some time with
no problems at all. It is USB2 class compliant and 'just works' (tm)

It has 6 channels in and 6 out, one pair being SPDIF. Also 2 of the inputs are
combined XLR/jack Mic/Instrument ones. All the analog I/O is balanced.

Finally there is a switchable headphone monitor.

--
W J G