On 12/03/2015 10:02 AM, Abrolag wrote:
> Having said that, why does Rosegarden want to set all channel bank MSBs to 0
> *except* 10 which it sets to 1?

   That's just what's in the default composition.  GM1 specifies nothing
should be sent.  If you switch to GM.rgd, you should get that.  GM2
specifies 120:0 should be sent.  If you switch to GM2.rgd, you'll get
0:0 on channel 10 since GM2.rgd is not GM2 compliant.

   So, the answer is that our default composition is neither GM1 nor GM2
compliant.  We should probably update GM2.rgd to be compliant, then base
our default composition on that.  Then channel 10 will send 120:0 and
all other channels will send 121:0 like they should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_MIDI_Level_2

> Also, is there any chance of someone having the time to apply the thinning
> shears to all those duplicate commands?

   Open a bug report to get it into the queue.

Ted.