On 04/07/2016 10:44 AM, Silas Mortimer wrote:

> do that and then use shortcuts in LilyPond to "clean it up" visually?
> To be specific, what I'm asking is if LilyPond has ways of easily
> fixing problems like my first example.

The LilyPond export engine is very much GIGO.  Garbage in, garbage out.
  If the notation is a mess in Rosegarden, it will be even worse in
LilyPond.

I started playing a game and stayed up waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime,
so I don't have time to look at your examples just now.  I recognize the
kind of growing pains you are experiencing, and when I get time to
reply, I should be able to help you.  Just hang in there, and I'll get
back to you within 24 hours.
--
D. Michael McIntyre