This is excellent! Good find! But tell me if I have this right: This
only works across multiple staves, right? Meaning, if you're making a
chord in a nonpercussion instrument, you couldn't use this method to
arpeggiate the chord, right?

If that's case, I wonder if it could be extended that way. In the
piece I recently wrote here about, I made an arpeggio using 16th notes
or something like that, but I'd rather leave the arpeggiation up to
the musician.