On 14/04/2016 03:32, D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On 04/13/2016 06:52 PM, Silas Mortimer wrote:
>
>> No problem. I just need to work out how to add the arpeggio notation
>> in Lilypond.
>
> It's hacky and weird.  Use the text tool.  Choose type "LilyPond
> Directive" and insert an "Arp."
>
> That prints the squiggly arpeggio symbol on the score.  I never gave
> Rosegarden the ability to represent this natively, and no one else ever
> bothered either, so this is what we've got.  Hacky and weird.

IMHO Rosegarden *shoud not* become / be a fully-fledged notation /
lilypond editor and focus on being the (great) free (as in freedom)
sequencer it is :)

I mean, I don't want to bash discussions etc. about notation, but
Rosegarden already has some of the best notation support for any
sequencer around, and personally I would like to see (possible) effort
go into bugfixing and improvements in the sequencer / production department.

Randomization, 'humanisation', groove quantize etc. (the subject of the
thread) would be cool and are IMHO part of those possible improvements ;)

Just my two cents :)
Lorenzo.