On Mon, 20 Feb 2017, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:

> I've tried to install Rosegarden and run it, but it doesn't work for me.
>
> I'm using Arch Linux, and I've installed Jack2 with Dbus support.
>
> Does Rosegarden need jackd, or can it use dbus?

Rosegarden needs jack but jack-Clients can start jack bei themselves. I
recommend starting jackd before all jack-Clients – either with tools
like Qjackctl or in a shell script.

(The dbus magic is just another way to start jackd)

Since only one audio system can grab your soundcard many problems can
arise, e.g. you have to make sure that Pulseaudio doesn't grab it before
jackd can grab it.

I made jackd my main system and configured Pulseaudio to output via
jackd: http://marzen.de/Holger/pulseaudio_and_jack/