On 07/18/2017 05:36 AM, chuck elliot wrote:
It seems that BS/PCs are sent out on load (v17.12) and my M1 responds to
these correctly but for some reason the M3 doesn't receive them.

I haven't been able to confirm this using kmidimon because loading
a file resets the internal connections and disconnects kmidimon.

Is there a way to load a file without resetting connectiions?

No. However, you can resend the channel setups (BS/PCs) by changing the port for the M3 and changing it back. You might be able to do this after you've got kmidimon hooked up and see if it works and what it is sending. Or you could switch to kmidimon, then switch to the M3 under the assumption that the same things will go out (which is probably a good assumption). If everything looks good and the M3 doesn't respond, then something we're sending is confusing the M3, or the M3 isn't responding to PCs.

Studio > Manage MIDI Devices. Select the M3-EDS (I assume) in MIDI Playback. Change the port to [No Port] and back to the proper interface. At that moment (or very soon after), a set of BS/PCs should go out.

I did some light digging and only noticed two changes related to CCs/BS/PCs between 16.02 and 16.06. Neither of them mentioned taking away sending of BS/PCs at playback. Looks like I need to bisect.

Ted.