This is a good point.

If we know that no  note is shorter than a sixteenth note then limiting
this woudl remove notes and rests with shorter counts.

No DAW has this?

Thanks

Joseph

On 5/19/23 06:15, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:
Fri, 19 May 2023 00:42:45 -0400
Ted Felix <t...@tedfelix.com> :

    Quantizing can be used for two main purposes:

1. To make sheet music that looks good.
2. To make your performance sound more "perfect".
I have used it a few times to clean up bars in red and rests and that worked
fairly well.

But (my 2 cents) problems should be attacked at the root cause, and THAT is the
digitizing-ware that writes midi tracks (tried many before giving up). I always
figured that users turning to such apps should have the opportunity to direct
the the software to use no shorter than 1/8 or 1/4 notes for example, it would
always be easier to clean up form that end than from this other one as it were.