On 23/10/2023 03:39, krsg...@trixtar.org wrote:

I have qjackctl, qsynth and RG loaded. Some tracks are GM and
most are ZASF-dssi. Everything works but I cannot record with
jack_capture because it don't work. As an alternative the RG
recording feature comes to mind BUT it records only ONE (the
selected) track. How can I select ALL track to be recorded
just as if I were sueing jack_capture?

If I understand correctly your set-up:

1. you are using jack (via qjackctl)
2. you are connecting via ALSA MIDI to qsynth
3. you are also using ZASF-dissi _inside_ rosegarden

What is not working with recording via jack_capture?

IIRC jack_capture without any options will connect (jack) to the system out ports and start recording straight away...

If the scenario is the above what I would do is:

0. Make sure 'Use JACK transport' is selected in Rosegarden Preferences > General > Behaviour - also make sure playback is stopped before the next step...
1. start jack_capture with the following flags:

jack_capture -mc -jt

-mc is manual connections, so you need to set them up (see next points)
-jt is: wait for jack transport to start rolling before start recording and stop when jack transport stops (*)

2. connect Rosegarden audio out to jack_capture input
3. connect qsynth output to jack_capture
4. Start playing in rosegarden

If all is good jack_capture should start recording both rosegarden (therefore your DSSI) and qsynth and stop when playback stops.

Hope this helps,
Lorenzo

(*) you might want to pick -jtm instead of -jt if your piece stops and you have audio 'tails' (e.g. reverb, delay..) continuing after the end of the piece or these would be cut off in the recording. In this case you'll need to stop jack_capture manually. Alternatively add a few end 'buffer' measures in rosegarden at the end of the piece. See also all jack_capture options via:

jack_capture -help2