On Fri, 8 Dec 2023 16:53:52 -1000
david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>On 12/8/23 01:46, Will Godfrey wrote:
>> On Thu, 7 Dec 2023 23:22:11 -1000
>> david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>>> Ah, thanks. I should have thought to check my repository!
>>>
>> These suggestions are all quite interesting but seem to be massive overkill
>> for
>> what (to me) is just wanting a simple warning
>>
>Sorry, since I don't still have the original email around - what was the
>original idea?

I simply want a warning message so that I don't overwrite and existing project.

This has happened to me on a number of occasions.

A typical scenario is where I load an existing one, then while playing it have a
bit of inspiration for an alternative version, get deeply engrossed in this and
*forget* that I haven't saved it to a new project name. Stop and save. Bang!
I've just wiped out the original that I wanted to keep.

--
Will J Godfrey {apparently now an 'elderly'}
https://willgodfrey.bandcamp.com/