Hello Ted,

As I explained in a private message copied to you, the problem is Roland Devices, in Multi-Timbral mode, manage percussion part (selected from MIDI channel) banks specifically. Same MSB, LSB combination can address two different banks, one Patchs Bank and one Rhythm Sets Bank depending on midi channel.

See that in Operation Manual (p79 - Selecting a rhythm Set) , https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/JV-1080_OM.pdf

Olivier