Greetings.

I'm on Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS, with rosegarden 1:21.12-1 installed.

I've configured qsynth to use alsa, and I've configured Rosegarden to not
start JACK on startup.  This has allowed me to get audio from other
applications (e.g. Chrome, Audacity) working at the same time as Rosegarden
is (say) playing a metronome.

I'm trying to get Rosegarden to import an audio track, and it's saying that
because JACK isn't running:

"Cannot add dropped file.  JACK audio server isn't available".

Also, File -> Manage Audio Files is grayed out.

I would like to be able to use other applications that play audio while I'm
using Rosegarden.  But I haven't had any success getting that working with
JACK.

Does anybody have suggestions for this?

Thanks

marty