Just pushed Philip's fixes to the notation editor for bug 1672 to git. Testing appreciated. This is a significant change to the notation editor UI and we want to get it right.

The issues were related to editing multiple segments in notation. If you regularly do this, please have a look at the latest.

Highlighting of the current segment has been improved. Previously we selected the notes for the current segment being edited. Now we highlight them instead. Highlighting can be controlled via the new View > Highlighting menu options:

- None: No highlighting of the current segment being edited. This setting is useful if you just want to look at the notation without highlighting/dimming.

- Current: The current segment being edited appears normal. All other segments are dimmed even if they are on a different track. This is the most extreme form of highlighting. It makes it very clear which segment is being edited.

- Current on same track: The current segment being edited appears normal. All other segments on the same track are dimmed. Segments on other tracks appear normal. This is closest to the original rg behavior and is the default. It offers a clear indication as to which segment on a track is currently being edited.

Additionally we now allow the position pointer to be placed outside of the current segment being edited (e.g. moving it via the ruler at the top or stopping playback outside of the current segment). Not sure if this will cause unforeseen problems. Please test and let us know.

  Full details are in the bug report:

https://sourceforge.net/p/rosegarden/bugs/1672/

Ted.