From: Dave Minch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 12:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: clarification on the DNS model

Kepa,
In any proposal to create a domain name service, whether distributed or
centralized, there must be, at some level, a mandate to the effect that any
entity who desires to be an "entry point", MUST register themselves (or
should i say be registered). Somewhere in the regulations there needs to be
a mandated process for registration, or the whole concept of self-discovery
of addresses breaks down.

What concerns me is the employers (of which we have several in our area) who
have a small self or TPA review function - where coverage and initial review
of the claim is performed.  These are very un-sophisticated operations - in
one case we finally got them on to email after 3+ years of badgering.

Do you envision some mandate of this sort to make trading partners register?

Dave Minch
T&CS Project Manager
John Muir / Mt. Diablo Health System
Walnut Creek, CA