William,

Some thoughts...

In your nslookup use -type=MX instead of "all". More concise response.

We could put several MX records for you, with different priorities.

You could use the TXT record instead of the MX record.

The TXT record does not have a "priority" associated with it, like the
MX does.  But it can hold anything, from a URL to a pgp or X.509 public
key certificate.  In fact, it is commonly used for distribution of
public keys along with the DNS information.  That could solve your
authentication problem.

Either D&B could maintain the duns.hipaa.net subdomain, or someone else
could do it on their behalf, like their ISP.  I am sure there is money
in this sort of service...

Kepa