----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Christopher J. Feahr, OD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Dick Brooks"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Marcallee Jackson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
"Dick Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Dave Minch"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, 05 May, 2002 11:32 AM
Subject: RE: our section of the paper

Chris, et al.,

>I just wondered whether we wanted to describe or try to
>diagram/model the related business processes in the white paper.

I think a model of the various business processes is a great idea. This
would certainly help flush out the CPP elements if we intend to define
CPP elements for each of the various business processes. I suspect this
may be a larger task than a simple file exchange business process
definition.

>Thinking about the process model (like the one Dave Minch
>created) is certainly helpful in coming up with the required list
>of CPP
>data elements, but it may not be necessary to describe all that in
>the paper... at least not in great detail.

Ditto.

I believe the CPP that this group delivers will be based on your list of
CPP data elements (nice job), plus details of the specific business
process used. At this point I believe we need to "choose a direction"
regarding the business process.

Should we define ProcessSpecification/Role/ServiceBinding/Service
elements for each HIPAA business process (e.g. a claim service request,
results in a remittance advice or an 824 application response etc.) OR
define a simple file exchange process (Upload/Download) OR Both?

This decision will help guide us down the correct path.

Dick Brooks
Systrends, Inc
7855 South River Parkway, Suite 111
Tempe, Arizona 85284
Web: www.systrends.com <http://www.systrends.com>
Phone:480.756.6777,Mobile:205-790-1542,eFax:240-352-0714