Yes, I agree with this approach as well.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher J. Feahr, OD [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2002 8:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CPP and COB [and companion guides]

Rachel,
I'm inclined to agree with you. Even if that "electronic CG" is eventually
standardized to the point where a provider could auto-configure from it,
the provider system would still be able to automatically FIND the
"electronic CG" by starting at the Registry.
Thanks,
Chris

At 02:29 PM 7/13/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Chris, just a comment on your following paragraph:
>
>Regarding scope: Even if the details of auto-configuration belong in
>another discussion venue (and I agree)... would you agree that the CPP
>record is the logical place for a partner's system to [some day] look for
>the auto-config data elements?   Or should we just put in a single field
>for the URL to the companion guide, and leave it there for now?
>
>I would not want to see any CPP cluttered up with auto-config data
elements.
>Where would you end it? Right now we're talking about claims, but what
about
>other message types. I'd hate to see a CPP become a kitchen sink for
>anything to be thrown into, thereby rendering it so complex and to become
>unusable. Rather, the CPP should just contain a URL pointer to where one
>obtains these details....whether they're a companion doc in X12 syntax or
>something in the future based on XML schema or some other syntax yet to be
>devised.
>
>I think it's imperative that at the outset we keep things very simple and
>uncluttered in order to satisfy some basic requirements and and only add
>complexity when the business need and requirements are determined. Trying
>come up with that perfect all-encompassing CPP isn't realistic nor
>achievable, in any timeframe. It's much more important to get something
>simple that can be used quickly so the industry can either see the
>benefit/value or not and then grow it as needed.
>
>Rachel
>Rachel Foerster
>Principal
>Rachel Foerster & Associates, Ltd.
>Professionals in EDI & Electronic Commerce
>39432 North Avenue
>Beach Park, IL 60099
>Phone: 847-872-8070
>Fax: 847-872-6860
>http://www.rfa-edi.com
>

>discussions on this listserv therefore represent the views of the
individual
>participants, and do not necessarily represent the views of the WEDI Board
of
>Directors nor WEDI SNIP.  If you wish to receive an official opinion, post
>your question to the WEDI SNIP Issues Database at
>http://snip.wedi.org/tracking/.
>Posting of advertisements or other commercial use of this listserv is
>specifically prohibited.

Christopher J. Feahr, OD
http://visiondatastandard.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]