Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:38:31 -0400
To: WEDi/SNIP.ID.&.Routing[routing]@wedi.org.comp
From: William.J.Kammerer[wkammerer]@novannet.com.comp
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Trading Partner Agreements

Here's someone, Christine Jensen, who's not afraid of playing hardball.
>From her posting on the HIPAAlive discussion list, it does kind of sound
like she's having a problem getting payers to say just what the heck
they want from providers.  Or maybe payers are just not ready yet to
part with their "companion" guides.  Or whatever.

But what I find really interesting here is that Christine appears to be
saying "the heck with it," and wants to just send the standard
transactions - and the payers had better be ready for them.  She might
still have the problem of finding out where to send the standard
transactions - but that's something I hope we can help her with!

Anyway, I don't think Christine is being naïve: she obviously has
figured out what to place in the standard transactions, so why can't
payers figure out how to read them?  What is it in a TPA-cum-companion
guide that helps either party in effecting the electronic relationship?

William J. Kammerer
Novannet, LLC.
Columbus, US-OH 43221-3859
+1 (614) 487-0320