> "Rob Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Interestingly we've done this for Osgi (the open source Oscar
> > implementation) - by providing a Servlet bridge from the xml/rpc handlers
> > through to Jetty as the HttpServer (which is itself wrappered to provide a
> > standard OSGi HttpService).
>
> Is there a way to design this adapte such that XMLL-RPC handler
> mappings are configurable from the web.xml file like servlets?
>
> Ideally, you'd be able to do stuff like
>
>     <xml-rpc>
>         <xml-rpc-name> Foo </xml-rpc-name>
>         <handler-class> org.xwt.foo.bar </handler-class>
>         <mount-point> foo.bar </mount-point>
>     </xml-rpc>
>
>   - a

We didn't take it that far for the OSGi based version - but certainly sounds
feasible. In fact the way OSGi works is via "bundles" and "services" so the
XMLRPC bundle exports various methods like addHandler, removeHandler
etc.

So in fact, the above could be done via some form of configurator bundle.

-- Rob

SoftSell Business Systems, Ltd.
' testing solutions for a changing world '

+44 (20) 7488 3470
www.softsell.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]