> I'd rather have the stability of a full-blown, maintained servlet
> engine; XML-RPC's spec makes perfomant implementations difficult,
> anyhow.  We avoid doing performance-critical operations over XML-RPC. In
> the future, we will be using more and more Spread
> <http://www.spread.org/>, perhaps eventually via JMS
> <http://jms4spread.tigris.org/>.  We may install the XmlRpcServer as the
> RPC layer to use over Spread or JMS. --

Interesting - thanks for the links. I'll take a look

Performance wise, maybe our app is peculiar, but for us XML/RPC
absolutely flies. We use it for a variety of things, but one aspect is remote
log and stats monitoring - which generates a very high rate/volume, of short
to medium size (http payload wise) xml/rpc calls. Once we got keep alive
figured, xml/rpc beat the daylights out of most other things we tried - direct
socket level, binary messaging was about the only thing to beat it, and then
not by enough to make the loss of flexibility worthwhile.

-- Rob
SoftSell Business Systems, Ltd.
' testing solutions for a changing world '

+44 (20) 7488 3470
www.softsell.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]