On 20/08/2021 23:51, David Glover wrote:
On Aug 20, 2021, at 8:57 AM, Peter Howkins <rpcemu.howkins at marutan.net>
wrote:

For the avoidance of any doubt RPCEmu (and any program that uses any code
from RPCEmu) will remain under the GNU General Public Licence Version 2 (or
later version of the GNU General Public licence).

I have nothing significant to add but I would like to say that I fully approve
> of RPCEmu remaining under the GPL,

I also completely agree with Peter's reply and that RPCEmu (and any derivatives) should remain under the GPL.

The suggested renaming is also a bit silly. I'd imagine most of them will also fall foul of trademarks, whether for RISC OS (I'm not certain on the trademark status of RISC OS itself) or Windows/Mac trademarks.

"RPCEmu+" also seems like a thinly veiled attempt to make it look like their version is in some way better than the original project, which (as Peter rightly points out) would just serve to confuse users.

and that I an extremely suspicious of the > "Cloverleaf" project, which hosted a borderline scam Kickstarter
promising> things that were impractical or impossible.>
This now deleted Twitter thread from a few months ago was very concerning:
https://david.gloveraoki.net/f/cloverleaf.png
For what it's worth, there's a screenshot of the deleted tweet that's missing in that screenshot here, in which I was wished a happy troll day by Cloverleaf (and yes, I'm still blocked):
https://twitter.com/acp/status/1390043478109917189

Cheers,

Andy.
--