In regard to: Permitting noarch subpkgs from a per-arch build, Jeff Johnson...:

So there's a need for an explicit check that indeed, a
noarch package contains only file types that reasonably
make sense to include in a noarch subpkg.

Agreed.

If someone helps defining "reasonably permitted" patterns, I'll be
happy to do the rest of the implementation necessary to permit
noarch subpkgs from a single build.

It depends on what your timeframe is on this, but I would be willing to
help.

On a sort-of related note: you told me once long ago that the only barrier
to having "noos" packages was getting the os_compat chains set up.  rpmrc
is no longer the way to accomplish that, but is noos packaging something
that also could be accomplished with a little support from "the
community"?

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)