In regard to: Re: Permitting noarch subpkgs from a per-arch build, Jeff...:

After spending 15 minutes writing a script that does

  1) Get RPMTAG_CLASSDICT for every package.
  2) Get RPMTAG_CLASSIDICT for noarch packages.
  3) Exclude noarch types from other types to generate file types that should
  not be permitted in noarch packages.

(with some modest filtering using sed), I come to the
rather unsurprising blacklist rule on linux/ix86 for noarch packages

        RPMTAG_CLASSDICT should never contain the string "ELF".

When it's regexed, it should probably be something like

        (^ELF | ELF )

but I agree that ELF is the prime candidate to watch for.

Looking through what I currently have installed on my ELF/ELF64
x86_64-sun-solaris2.10 workstation, the only other thing I see that stands
out as something that we might want to exclude from noarch packages is

        current ar archive

It's certainly possible that an ar archive could contain platform neutral
files, but that's pretty uncommon (maybe not on OS X, though?).

Other possible candidates to watch for (that might apply to non-ELF
platforms too) would be

        , dynamically linked
        , (not )?stripped$

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Information Technology Services                   (701) 231-1076 (Voice)