On Aug 18, 2008, at 1:15 PM, Michael Jennings wrote:

On Monday, 18 August 2008, at 09:34:46 (-0400),
Jeff Johnson wrote:

Yup. The DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND has been around forever ...

FWIW, I personally have not been able to reproduce the issue, have spent months and thousand of $$$ attempting. OTOH, I have no x86_64 machines, and almost no RPM development access has ever been permitted me on x86_64

We'd be more than happy to provide full access to an x86_64 system if
it would help.

If/when I know how to reproduce the DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND issue I will
most certainly take you up on the offer.

Meanwhile, there's been a continuous stream of credible DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND
failure reports from x86_64 (the real correlate is "64bit", there's a few ppc64 reports too)
for years.

I'm very happy that rpm5.org has achieved the point where the DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND
issue is being reported again.

I'm not at all surprised that the flaw continues to exist.