On Mar 23, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> Yes, but this isn't run unless %clean exists in the spec file..

Not true (from 4+ year old memory). But I've forgot.

PART_CLEAN (because its compiled in) is my major objection.
I also see no need for overrides and all the usual stuff
hardwired into rpmbuild. The crap will break endlessly
and there's not much reason (imho) or rpmbuild to undertake
        rm -rf /some/path
because there's risk (when macros are involved) of crafting
a malicious *.spec that can/will achieve:
        rm -rf ~
The start of avoiding that is to rip %clean, continues through
making %__spec_clean_body RDONLY, and finishes up (after the
usual 5 years of silly bikeshed discussion) in hardwiring
a standard sensible default operation.

Do you _REALLY_ need a tool to clean up *everything* with luser
overrides?

From memory:
Look for Michael Jennings description of %clean implemented
in rpm-4.4.7 way back when. Might be on the old
rpm-devel list at dulug.duke.edu too.