On Apr 10, 2011, at 10:36 AM, Per Øyvind Karlsen wrote:

> But perl people tend to suffer from/inherit some brain damage at one
> level or another, so I'm trying to place my expectations realistically
> and be prepared for the typical lack of consistency in the perl world..

Well rpm is known to cause brain cancer and insanity, and is
(at least) as dangerous as perl is.

>> My criteria SHOULD be obvious:
>>        What is distributed by @rpm5.org MUST be vendor-neutral.
>> That is the policy since day -7 here @rpm5.org.
>
> Not that much mandriva-specific macros that's been commited, cleaning up
> and generalizing multiarch support should make it a useful functionality that
> can be use by everyone, even if not enabled by default..

Careful here too: claiming "should" doesn't make an implementation "useful".

ATM, the Mandriva derived distro monoculture are the *only* distros I'm
aware of attempting multiarch through macros.

That's a fact, Jack.