In regard to: Re: Requires: python(foo) = bar, Jeffrey Johnson said (at...:

Meanwhile the very ida of running multiple versions
of ruby and modules out of a per-user shadow tree
in ~/.rvm drove me to some serious drinking to forget
what I saw ;-)

Ruby, in general, has inspired beverage consumption in me.

rpm-5.3.11 is "production", rpm-5.4.x will be rather active
until mid-late summer preparing for ROSA 2012.

I'll give 5.3.11 a whirl in a couple weeks.  Thanks for the pointer.

Using graphviz on Mac OS X (used to be very very nice, dunno if
still actively distributed in *.dmg) and choosing PDF as a display
was the _ONLY_ means I could find to handle large dependency graphs.

I was hoping for PDF display, but that was a no-go for me on both
Solaris 10 and Linux.  The only option that actually worked at all was
png, and it wasn't very usable.

I still think a tree map rather than nodes <-> edges is a
better easier to understand display format for "packages"
because of the ability to map multiple attributes into
size/color/adjacency/labels/shapes. At some point all you
have is a huge snarly yarn ball with dotty.

That's exactly what I had, and I was only tracking manually specified
BuildRequires dependencies on my Solaris system.  It was a mess...

Tim
--
Tim Mooney                                             tim.moo...@ndsu.edu