> On Dec 28, 2016, at 7:02 AM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 12/27/2016 08:00 PM, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>
>> FYI: most of the openssl-1.1.0 port in rpm is now done.
>>
>> I’ve done “Do no harm testing.” with openssl-1.0.2j, will get to
>> detailed openssl-1.1.0 testing as soon as I see a platform that
>> distributes with openssl-1.1.0 (likely Fedora 26, not yet Fedora 25).
>
> Thanks! If you need a platform for testing, then debian testing (stretch)
> does ship with both openssl 1.1 and 1.0. You can have both libraries
> installed at the same time, but development packages mutually exclude each
> other. Despite the name, debian testing is fairly stable.

Two versions of openssl installed isn’t what is hard, setting up a platform
with one version of openssl well integrated is what is hard.

RPM links many libraries, some of which link openssl, and recompiling
all RPM prerequisites to use a single version of openssl is very time consuming.

Then there are issues of how openssl is installed: e.g. testing ECDSA
usually requires rebuilding openssl and reading removed curves.

Then there is openssl-fips which RPM5 uses (or used, I’ve not checked recently).
 openssl-fips-2.0.13 functions with openssl-1.0.x, but not openssl-1.1.x. FIPS
140-2
seems to be quite a mess these days, sigh. Getting all the HMAC’s installed and
verified for FIPS 140-2 is always a chore.

Meanwhile I have checked that RPM builds/links against openssl-1.1.0, and
the code in ramie/rpmssl.c has rather simple usages of openssl.

hth