> On Dec 9, 2016, at 10:23 AM, Alexander Kanavin
> <alexander.kana...@linux.intel.com> wrote:

…

Good.

>> There may be some issues with bison/flex in rpmdb (its WIP, the targets
>> aren’t critical),
>> and perl-URPM likely should be nuked (rm -rf perl-URPM).
>
> This is the latest failure:
>
> make[4]: Entering directory '/home/ak/development/rpm/rpmio'
> /bin/bash ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -fopenmp -g -O2 -g
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT   -o tgfs tgfs.o librpmio.la ../misc/librpmmisc.la
>  -lpcreposix -lpcre -ldl -lm -ltcl8.6 -lpython2.7 -lreadline -lmagic -lexpat
> -lz -lpopt -lpthread  -lelf -lpopt -lz -lexpat -lpcre
> libtool: link: gcc -fopenmp -g -O2 -g -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -o
> .libs/tgfs tgfs.o  ./.libs/librpmio.so ../misc/.libs/librpmmisc.so
> -lpcreposix -ldl -lm -ltcl8.6 -lpython2.7 -lreadline -lmagic -lpthread -lelf
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpopt.so -lz
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so -lpcre -fopenmp
> /usr/bin/ld: tgfs.o: undefined reference to symbol 'shm_open@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
> //lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1: error adding symbols: DSO missing from
> command line

Hmm … tgfs issues can be avoided by changing rpmio/Makefile.am.

Add tgfs to EXTRA_PROGRAMS instead of noinst_PROGRAMS:
    EXTRA_PROGRAMS += tifs
and rerun devtool.

> No idea yet what that means, but maybe you've seen this before. Linking
> errors are notoriously unhelpful :(

I have had issue building tgfs with various compiler/loader combinations. Not
building tgfs
is acceptable for RPM, its built (like libgit2) to fail early/hard checking
compiler/loader flags,
and to include development code when I do submissions to scan.coverity.com of
compile with -fsanitize:address.

>> If you send me your devtool.conf stanza, I will check in your build options,
>> and
>> be able to help more effectively.
>
> Sure, here it is. I didn't write it out from scratch, I copied the %system
> (as that seemed a reasonable start), and modified it when build issues
> happened. Host is Debian testing (stretch).

Thank you! Yes %system is/was the most reasonable starting point.

FYI, I am usually building (on Fedora) with the %hi stanza, and (on MacOSX)
with the %falmouth
stanza. (The stanzas are named after the machines I am using).

Good: you appear to have +beecrypt (for digests) and +libtomcrypt (recommended
because of ECDSA and stable) and +openssl (what Yocto wants last I heard).

I’ll send along some other suggestions later today.

Once you get through rpmio building, the rest of rpm usually builds easily.

The next class of problems comes with testing:
        cd tests
        make clean test
which will tell whether the just built rpm is functional, and often
requires some fidgety triage like duktape/tgfs.