Dne 7.4.2016 v 11:17 Michael Mraka napsal(a):

> How does this work in other distributions?
>
> I'd like to hear your unbiased opinion that's why I don't include
> neither my preferences nor current rpm behavior for now.

In rpm I would like to have semantic "which package will stop working if I
remove this package". I.e. when I run:
  rpm -e foo
then I will get some errors that foo cannot be removed because A,B and C
requires it. I would expect that --whatrequires
gives me the same list (sans transitive requires).

So in your example:
> An example to think about - have a package with following requires installed
>   richdep.spec:
>     Requires: A
>     Requires: B
>     Requires: (C and D)
>     Requires: (E or F)
>     Requires: (G if H else I)
>
> Which of the following queries should include 'richdep' in the output?
>     rpm -q --whatrequires A
>     rpm -q --whatrequires B

richdep for both above.

>     rpm -q --whatrequires C
>     rpm -q --whatrequires D
>     rpm -q --whatrequires '(C and D)'

richdep for all three

>     rpm -q --whatrequires E
>     rpm -q --whatrequires F

none

>     rpm -q --whatrequires '(E or F)'

richdep

>     rpm -q --whatrequires G
> rpm -q --whatrequires '(G if H)'
> rpm -q --whatrequires '(G if H else I)'

for all three: richdep if *I* have H installed, otherwise none

>     rpm -q --whatrequires H

none

>     rpm -q --whatrequires I

richdep if there is no H installed on my machine, otherwise none

Just my 2 cents.

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCA