On Tue, 26 Jun 2007, Bill Nottingham wrote:

Michael Schroeder ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
If you just want to speed up ldconfig, here's a glibc patch for you.
We've got it in SUSE Linux since SL10.0, no problems so far.

Sure, but the best way to speed it up is to not run it. With reasonable
packaging policies, we should be able to get rid of all the %post/%postun
nonsense.

Perhaps the better tack is to use this patch as an example, change
package policies, and just remove the calls from the rpms themselves.

That would work :)

In any case, thanks for reminding me about the hardcoded libtermcap.so.2 vs bash kludgery which I've been intending to kill but had just forgotten.

        - Panu -