On Nov 5, 2010, at 2:50 PM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Jeff Johnson <n3npq....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 5, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Sriram Narayanan wrote:
>>
>>> Folks:
>>>
>>> Here's the latest on Belenix using rpm5 :)
>>>

>> Nice!
>>
>> Note that I can/will re-enable the OpenIndiana buildbot on
>>        http://eastham.rpm5.org:8010
>> or (this is the "production" @rpm5.org buildbot under construction)
>>        http://buildbot.rpm5.org:8010
>> ifever/whenever you are ready to move forward.
>
> We're ready to move forward :)

OK. I'll start-up the OpenIndiana VM buildbot again. Note that
the issue with running the OpenIndiana VM is largely
that its running on a devel box here at home, and
I'm a bit short on memory and cycles to run the number of VM's
that I'm attempting.

> Does the latest build now, Jeff ? I had faced some errors when
> building trunk, I'll discuss that on -dev.

(from private e-mail) I got all the changes that were needed (for me)
to build rpm-5.3.5 on OpenIndiana checked in last month. And
        make check
was likely mostly functional (or I'd remember the flaws. I fergit ...).

The more complex issue is setting up a Bellenix (not an OpenIndiana)
build system.

I'm not sure what tool chain components to use, will adapt to your
packaging as forward progress becomes visible.

For rpm-5.3.6 release this month, I'm using
        autoconf-2.68
        automake-1.11.1
        libtool-2.4
        gettext-0.18.1
as well as (externally installed)
        db-5.1.19
        pcre-8.10
and (internal to RPM)
        beecrypt-4.1.2
        neon-0.29.5
        popt-1.17
There's lua & syck internal to RPM same as always too.
which more or less is "working" on all platforms afaict.

73 de Jeff
User Communication List                             rpm-users@rpm5.org