One addition:

On 26.01.2009 16:25, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
[...]
= Where we want to go =

The "where we are" part already had some areas and suggestion where
things need to be improved; here are some more:

- it would be really nice to have a small helper app that is used for
enabling RPM Fusion and initial configuration. E.g. users could download
that helper app rpm instead of the two release-rpms (or it could be part
of the rpmfusion-free-release rpm); that helper app then could ask a few
questions like "Do you want "nonfree" packages?" or "do you want to
enable compatible repos like the adobe repo?". After that it could act
according to what the user wants and what's found on the system (e.g.
install rpmfusion-nonfree-release; install xine-lib-extras-nonfree if
xine-lib is found; same for gstreamer-plugins, k3b and others; this
maybe should be done by a daemon later as well to keep things smooth);
maybe this helper app could even enable livna, but that might be tricky
as the livna repofile must not be in that package (I guess retrieving
the data from the net OHOH should be save) .

Yes, I'm fully aware that such apps that do parts of this exist already.
But some do stupid things and everyone could benefit from a sane app
official app in RPM Fusion.
I've spoken to the author of Autonine/Autoten
http://www.dnmouse.org/autoten.html
about this, I haven't taken a
look at the script recently but iirc we could easily make those improvements, get it peer-reviewed and make it the official RPM Fusion enabler script.
Before that it needs to become a whole lot easier to use and ask only important questions by default (mainly: Do you want nonfree or not?)

Ohh, and it would be nice if the tool could have a command line interface as well, so people can use it in the %post section of their kickstart file for normal installs or spin creation.

Yes, it's a detail, but an important one I'd say.

CU
knurd