Le mar. 20 nov. 2018 à 16:51, Antonio Trande <anto.tra...@gmail.com> a écrit :
[...]
> Most of packages treated in this discussion follow the packaging
> timeline of the rawhide branch except these
>
> ffmpeg
> audacity-freeworld
> mpd
> mpv
> qmmp-plugins-freeworld
>
> which update the releases currently hosted on el7 branch but are
> previous versions of those hosted on rawhide.
The -freeworld package probably needs to match the epel/rhel
counterpart so cannot be updated, indeed.
But any issue to update mpd/mpv ? can the related maintainers

> For example:
>
> 'x264-0.155-3.20180806git0a84d98.el7' can be pushed on rawhide and then
> propagated on el7.

I'm not sure I'm following as appropriate.
Basically you shouldn't merge anything back to master but instead
create an original patch on master (once reviewed by maintainer) and
merge back to el7
So that's raise the question of how many changes are need to make
theses packages build ? do you need patching ? disable/enable some
libraries ?
(if anything to publish can you use the github.com/rpmfusion mirrors ?)

So if you mean to turn on/off x264 bootstrap, you can commit to master
with bootstrap, merge into el7, then turn off bootstrap in master and
merge el7.

On a side note, I've just found that you have taken the x264 version
from rawhide and not a x264 that is contemporary from the same ffmpeg
branch (fc27).
I'm fine with that except that this combination is probably less
tested than the fc27 combination (but we also have a well known issue
fixed in x264 in rawhide, so either way).
But then you have missed to rebuild gstreamer1-plugins-ugly (that uses x264)
Also what about updating x265 (from 1.9 to at least to 2.9 which is
the version in fc27).

Thx

--
-