On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 12:36:19PM -0400, Gregory Warnes wrote:
> Aside,  since rpy _does_ check for specific R versions, would it not be
> advisable for the .deb dependencies to reflect this appropriately?

I tried that for a while but discontinued because it can lead to
upgrade blocks just because a particular hardware platform doesn't yet
have its rpy version.

So 'in theory, yes; in practice, didn't work', at least when I tried.

For the r-cran-* packages, I settled on using a Depends on '>=' the R
version I built with.  Would that be a possibility here?  Or do you
think you really need the equality?

Dirk