On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM, remy d1 <remy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> Thanks for help.
> I downloaded rpy from svn (with svn co ...) and I tried to install rpy with
> it (in trunk/rpy directory, but it is version 1.0.3...), but it did not
> work. I still have the same error

You mean this error?
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lRlapack

> but I can not find any
> "libraries=['R','Rlapack']" in setup.py file (I could find it in release
> 0.4.4 from tags directory).

Sorry - you're right. It looks like my notes from when I did this were
too brief, I could have been hacking rpy 1.0.3 with guidance from SVN.
Looking at the code afresh, rpy (v1) setup.py in SVN does:

libraries=['R']
extra_compile_args += [ rpy_tools.get_R_LAPACK_LIB_FLAGS( RHOME ) ]

Perhaps that extra flags call isn't working right.

As a quick hack, try replacing the lines libraries=['R'] with
libraries=['R','Rlapack']
or libraries=['R','lapack']

> I decided to copy libRlapack.so and libRblas.so in $RHOME/bin but it did not
> work.
> Where can I find the version 1.0.4 in the SVN and the definition you gave ?
> Thanks

There is no version 1.0.4 yet, but I may have been looking at 1.0.3

Peter