Hi all,

In the current Internet, an ICP (e.g., google) could scatter a set of
servers sharing the same FQDN (e.g., www.google.com ) worldwide or
nationwide to provide load-balancing services in an anycast-like way. For
example, if a client performs a DNS query for the A or AAAA records of ”
www.google.com”, the DNS server could return the address of a server which
is one of the nearest servers to the client, in the DNS response. Of course,
the DNS server could also return all available A or AAAA records, then the
client will choose one according to some policy. In this case, the FQDN
plays a role of service ID, rather than host ID.

If I understood ILNP correctly, each ILNP host needs a globally unique FQDN.
That’s to say, the FQDN can not be used as a service ID to represent a set
of ILNP servers which are scattered in the Internet. As a result, the above
load-balancing service through DNS is not available anymore in the ILNP
architecture. Maybe another indirection from one FQDN (representing a
Service ID) to another one (representing a Host ID) should be developed in
order to support the above service.

Xiaohu