Hi Tony,

It seems that Ran doesn't agree to your point :). Please see Ran's response
to your opinion in another discussion thread " Sundry ILNP confusions...":
Much earlier, Tony Li wrote:
> ILNP uses an explicit numeric token as the identifier.  The FQDN is
> not the identifier.  The identifier can be found in the I record.
>
> On a forward reference, a FQDN is resolved into an I record and one or
> more L records.

Yes, with one edit:
        ...into one or more I records and one or more L records...

One does not expect a node to be using multiple IDs in the common case, but
it is permitted -- for example to enable folks who wish to use "privacy"
(sic) Identifiers generated (as per RFC-4941) or use
cryptographically-generated Identifiers (as per RFC-3972).

> The problem comes about, as
> you've previously observed, when a FQDN resolves to multiple hosts.

I guess you wanted to say "... when a FQDN resolves to multiple _I records_
(no matter whether they belong to a single host or not)". But your above
statement seems also right since your assumption is a host has only one I
record.

Xiaohu