Hello Damien and others

I am not sure if I can follow this:

"...big advantage of LISP is that you mapping table scales with your
traffic, not with the size of the Internet."
This is true for the ITR caches, but not for the mapping system as it
needs to provide mappings to all EIDs. So the size of the mapping system
is a function of EIDs, not the traffic. If an EID wants to be globally
reachable it needs to have an entry in the global mapping system,
irrespective of the traffic.

The block/prefix based aggregation will break over the time if the
assignments are not reallocated. This has happened with the existing
prefix based allocations and will happen again. I can not see other way.
If  end devices do not renumber, then the mapping system needs to
reconstruct its structure, or then the blocks will deaggregate.

Migration of a single subsidiary from an enterprise to an other is not a
big issue, I can see that, but over the time migration of small sites
seems to be quite common. They keep on coming and going. This will lead
to the extreme case that there would be long prefixes at the very top of
the mapping system if we stick to the original allocation. And then all
of the map-requests will go through the top of the mapping system. At
least with the DNS of today that is not the most ideal case.

Best regards
Hannu