Robin,

As I have said many times here on the list, what LISP
is calling "EID" is nothing more and nothing less than
an IP address. IP addresses are assigned to interfaces;
hence, they name an end system *interface* and not the
end system itself. Moreover, these LISP EIDs are routable
within a certain scope; even if that scope is only
node-local. Conversely, a true identifier (like a HIP
HIT) is not routable within any scope.

So, I have to agree that LISP is not really achieving
a true locator/identifier split. The LISP EID IMHO would
be more accurately renamed as "Endpoint Interface
iDentifeir", and the LISP acronym itself seems a bit
misleading.

Fred
fred.l.temp...@boeing.com